36th Annual Enchanted Century Tour, September 8, 2013 – (Sunday)
Please click here for the 2012 tour results…
2012 BOBCAT PASS HILL CLIMB RESULTS
Please click here…
The Tour begins in Red River, 8 a.m. Sunday morning in front of the Red River Community House. The route is from Red River to Questa to Taos to Angel Fire, through Angel Fire to Black Lake and back through Angel Fire to Eagle Nest and back to Red River. We will have five rest stops, three to five sag wagons and EMS driving the circle. The elevation begins at 8,750 ft. in Red River goes down to 7,500 ft. in Questa down to 7,000 ft. in Taos goes up to approximately 9,000 ft. in Palo Flechado Pass up to 9,820 ft. in Bobcat Pass and then glides back down into Red River.
There is a 25 and 50 mile out and back, and 100 mile tour.
This is a scenic, high altitude alpine ride through the beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains of the Carson National Forest. The ride takes you through historic Taos: alongside two of New Mexico’s newest state parks – The Vietnam Memorial & Eagle Nest Lake, as well as challenging you to take on Palo Flechado Pass & Bobcat Pass.
Thank you to the following 2012 Sponsors: Capos, Sitzmark Sports & Lodging, Red River Bike Club, Red River Ski Area, Southern Exposure, Arthur’s Insurance Agency, Taos Cyclery, Gearing Up, Sports Legs, and Oakley.
Other exciting things to do in Red River!
- Experience the many events sponsored by the RED RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, schedule available at the RED RIVER VISITOR CENTER
- Go HIKING or BIKING on one of the manyCarsonNational Forest trails
- FISH the Red River and surrounding lakes. Free CHILDREN’S FISHING POND onPioneer Road
- Take a FLY FISHING trip with FAGAN’S GUIDED FLY FISHING
- Ride the chair lift up and MOUNTAIN BIKE down the ski area trails
- Go CAMPING at one the many Carson National Forest Campgrounds
- Take an ATV tour to Greenie Peak or onBobcatPass
- Rent a JEEP and tour the high mountain 4×4 trails
- Take a guided JEEP TOUR to see the area and learn aboutRed River history
- Take a HORSEBACK riding tour
- Book a WHITE WATER RAFTING tour on theRio Grande River
- Ride the SUMMER CHAIR LIFT to the top of the Red River Ski Area and have lunch at the SKI TIP
- Go SHOPPING at our many gift shops for one of a kind souvenirs
- Visit the Red RiverHistorical MUSEUM at the Little Red Schoolhouse
- See the BANK ROBBERY & SHOOT OUT at Frye’sOldTown on Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays at 4
- Go ROLLER SKATING or play MINIATURE GOLF at the Black Mountain Playhouse
- Rent and ride a SURREY, MOUNTAIN BIKE OR A DIGGLER from Sitzmark Sports
- Play Frisbee golf, tennis, basketball, volleyball or ride your skateboard or BMX at MALLETTE PARK
- Ride GO-KARTS atGo-KartCity onMain Street
- Enjoy the COWBOY EVENING DINNER fromBobcatPass Adventures
- Go Line DANCING, play BRIDGE, watch a MOVIE, or listen to MUSIC on the lawn at the Red River Community House
- Go DANCING or just listen to our TALENTED MUSICIANS at the local saloons.
- Play BINGO at Brandenburg Park Monday through Friday 6:30 pm (July & August)
- Backpack in the WHEELER PEAK WILDERNESS AREA
- Visit the Red RiverFISH HATCHERY on NM 515 south of Questa
- Drive the scenic ENCHANTED CIRCLE (point of interest map available)
- Get a MASSAGE or SPA TREATMENT from one of our local massage therapists
- Stop by the Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center for info on other DAY TRIPS fromRed River
- Try the climbing wall, bumper cars, and more at MIKE’S FUN PLACE, then enjoy the food inside.
- Go checkout the new summer tubing at the RED RIVER SKI AREA
- Ride the chairlift to the top of the ski area and play the new DISC GOLF
- Have your FAMILY PORTRAIT taken by SouthernExposurePhoto.com